About the EU at the UN – EU Delegations to the United Nations
New York Delegation
In addition to New York, the European Union is represented by delegations accredited to UN bodies in Geneva, Paris, Nairobi, Rome, and Vienna.
The European Commission’s original information office in New York officially became a delegation to the UN Headquarters in 1974, when it was granted observer status at the 29th General Assembly by Resolution 3208.
As of 1 December 2009, with the entry into force of the Treaty of Lisbon, the European Commission delegations have become European Union delegations.
Contact Staff at the EU Delegation in New York.
Learn more about us:
- About the EU at the UN in New York 3/11/2014
- European Union Delegation to the United Nations in New York – Background 3/11/2014
- EU Leaders joined by UN SG Ban Ki-moon inaugurate new offices for Delegation to the UN in New York 26/9/2012
- EU HR Ashton appoints new Head of EU Delegation in New York and 24 other Heads of EU Delegations 3/8/2011
- EU voice at the UN General Assembly 4/5/2011